Do you enjoy playing online poker but become overwhelmed by the number of options available? Knowing which kind of online poker game is right for you can be difficult because they all have different advantages.
- Texas Hold’em- It’s probably Texas Hold’em that was being played in the televised poker tournament you watched. It is by far the most popular version of online poker and is played with two cards dealt to each player and five community cards placed face-up on the table. The objective is to make the best possible five-card hand using any combination of your own two cards and the community cards.
- Omaha- The Omaha poker variant is similar to Texas Hold’em but has some key differences. By doing so, you’ll be able to manage your finances better and reduce the risk of losing more than you can afford.Players in Omaha are dealt four hole cards instead of two, and to create their final hand, they must use exactly two of these cards along with three community cards.
- Seven Card Stud- It was one of the most common poker forms before Texas Hold’em took over. In this game, players are dealt seven cards throughout several rounds of betting. The objective is to make the best five-card hand from your seven total cards.
- Razz- It is a unique form of lowball poker where players aim for low hands instead of high ones. Each player receives seven hole cards but only uses their lowest five to create their final hand.
- Five Card Draw- It is another classic form of online poker that’s been around for decades. Five-hole cards are dealt to players, who can discard any or all of them in exchange for new ones. To make the best five-card hand possible, you must use all five cards.
- Badugi- It is a relatively new form of online poker gaining popularity. It’s played with four-hole cards aiming to make the lowest possible hand with one card of each suit. Straights and flushes don’t count against you in Badugi, so your highest possible hand is A-2-3-4 of different types.
- Mixed Games- It is a good choice if you’re looking for something more challenging. These are the combinations of two or more different types of online poker games played in rotation. For example, HORSE is a popular mixed game that includes Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Razz, Seven Card Stud, and Eight or Better (a variation of Seven Card Stud). To get more detail, visit here https://www.thenonarygames.com/
Playing online poker has specific rules and strategies, so do your research before playing. Online tutorials and forums make it easy to get advice from other players. Start with a game like Five Card Draw or Texas Hold’em until you feel more comfortable. While waiting for an appointment or during your lunch break, you can play a quick game.